[News] [Rival] Microsoft an Undesirable Working Place, Google Beats it by Huge Margins

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft an Undesirable Working Place, Google Beats it by Huge Margins
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 10:52:07 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

SAS, Google top Fortune's best-employer list

,----[ Quote ]
| Among the technology firms that ended up on
| Fortune's list were SAS at No. 1, Google at
| No. 4, Cisco Systems at No. 16, Adobe
| Systems at No. 42, and Microsoft at No. 51.
| The firms scored points for a couple of
| different factors, including top pay and
| best perks. And with the job market still
| tight, Fortune also looked at the job
| growth for each company.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10440381-92.html

Steve Ballmer, did you âfucking kill Googleâ yet?

,----[ Quote ]
| Well About 1/2 a decade ago, a key
| individual defected from Microsoft to
| Google that lead to one heck of lawsuit.
| According to official documents, Steve said
| he was going to âfucking kill Googleâ as he
| hurled a chair across the room. literally.
|
| [...]
|
| We were just wondering Mr. Ballmer, did you
| âfucking kill Googleâ yet? We figured 1/2 a
| decade has passed now and we were just
| wondering the status of it.
`----

http://www.tribbleagency.com/?p=6769

Two futures of the internet: Cold War or up in the clouds

,----[ Quote ]
| If you think this is creepy, then join the
| club. In terms of collective IQ, Google is
| the smartest company in cyberspace: for
| five years it's been taking the cleverest
| graduates from elite universities and the
| most experienced computer engineers. It's
| been such a magnet for talent that even
| Microsoft is enraged. In 2005, for example,
| an ex-Microsoft engineer named Mark
| Lucovsky alleged in a sworn statement to a
| Washington state court that Steve Ballmer,
| Microsoft's chief executive, became so
| enraged on hearing that Lucovsky was about
| to leave Microsoft for Google, that he
| picked up his chair, and threw it across
| his office. (Ballmer called this a "gross
| exaggeration".)
`----

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2010-02-07-two-futures-of-the-internet-cold-war-or-up-in-clouds

Microsoft: Google Likely to Face Questions on Ads

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=9664122

Microsoft lawyer: Google may face antitrust queries over search advertising market share

http://www.cnbc.com/id/35078004

Armstrong Hints AOL Will Renew Search Deal With Google: "Distribution Is Almost As Important To Us As Money"

,----[ Quote ]
| During today's AOL earnings call, which
| just finished, CEO Tim Armstrong dropped
| the strongest hint yet that Google is the
| front-runner in negotiations for who will
| power search across AOL properties. Google
| is AOL's current partner, as it has been
| for nearly a decade, but snatching the
| search partnership away would be a coup for
| Microsoft's Bing search engine. Bing wants
| the search deal, which would help it
| increase its total volume of searches by a
| couple percentage points since AOL on its
| own has the fifth largest search share in
| the U.S.
`----

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/03/AR2010020301201.html

Germans and French more likely to Google themselves

,----[ Quote ]
| Germans and Frenchmen are more likely to
| Google themselves than are Brits and
| Americans.
`----

http://www.examiner.com/x-22639-Google-Trends-Examiner~y2010m1d29-Germans-and-French-more-likely-to-Google-themselves

Recent:

The Google Books Settlement Culture Clash, and What About Fair Use?

,----[ Quote ]