[News] How to Advocate GNU/Linux to a Friend or Peer

  • Subject: [News] How to Advocate GNU/Linux to a Friend or Peer
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 03:29:21 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux Advocacy: The Right Way

,----[ Quote ]
| I mentioned that it was not Windows, but
| something else - Ubuntu. Alright, I lied
| before then he asked my favorite question:
|
| "Oh, never heard of that before. How much did
| that cost?"
|
| I smiled.
|
| "It's free."
|
| He then asked:
|
| "Free? Really? What can it do?"
|
| "Oh, you know everything you expect a
| computer to do. Type a paper, surf the
| internet, solve math equations, play
| games..."
|
| He then asked where he could get it from, I
| gave him the web address and told him if he
| had any questions about it he could feel free
| to ask me next week at class.
`----

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/02/linux-advocacy-right-way.html

When Linux Nerds Choose Mates from the Windows Herd.

,----[ Quote ]
| You take a deep breath and reach for your
| laptop.  In the case, you have a live cd and
| you tell her that you want to show her what
| Linux is.  You go on to explain that Linux is
| free and that she can use it without any real
| worry about viruses.
`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2010/02/when-linux-nerds-choose-mates-from.html

Recent:

ARM will fly without windows? Then bring it on!

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://maratux.blogspot.com/2010/02/arm-will-fly-without-windows-then-bring.html