[News] A Look at GNU/Linux Applications for Feeds, Graphics, and More

  • Subject: [News] A Look at GNU/Linux Applications for Feeds, Graphics, and More
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:58:32 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Social From The Start

,----[ Quote ]
| Twitter, identi.ca and Facebook have become
| an increasingly common medium in which
| people are communicating. While Google Wave
| vies to be the next generation of
| communication (as we waxed lyrical about on
| the recent Shot Of Jaq), in reality email
| and microblogging are unlikely to be
| unseated as primary methods of
| communication. Naturally, we want to make
| these methods of connecting people rock
| good and hard in Ubuntu.
|
| Today Ken VanDine uploaded a new Gwibber to
| Lucid which adds improved reliability,
| multi-column views, a new theme and more.
`----

http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/02/09/social-from-the-start/

The Morevna Project: Anime with Synfig and Blender

,----[ Quote ]
| Blender is a 3D animation tool, but with
| appropriate rendering tools it can generate
| images that closely resemble 2D animation
| techniques. Look at the motorcycle
| renderings in figure 4 to see what Iâm
| talking about. This is generally called
| âtoon rendering,â and itâs very useful for
| creating special dimensional effects in
| animation, even when a 2D style is desired.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/morevna_project_anime_synfig_and_blender

A day at the races: aria2 vs. axel

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2010/02/09/a-day-at-the-races-aria2-vs-axel/