[News] Ogg Support 'Injected' Into More Windows Machines

  • Subject: [News] Ogg Support 'Injected' Into More Windows Machines
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:41 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

HTML5 Theora Video Codec for Silverlight

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâm glad to announce the first release of
| our fully managed Theora audio / video
| decoder implementation for the Silverlight
| platform! The Highgate media suite will
| bring installation-free support for HTML5
| streaming video to an additional ~40% of
| web users overnight.
`----

http://www.atoker.com/blog/2010/02/04/html5-theora-video-codec-for-silverlight/

Firefox Addon: Fox Clocks

,----[ Quote ]
| So, today I was hanging out at IRC, which I
| usually do and is totally awesome, a friend
| of mine, duanedesign, told me about this
| new Firefox addon, Fox Clocks, which lets
| you keep track of different timezones. The
| best part is that you can create watchlists
| for your different international friends
| and keep a better track of their sleeping
| and working timings. Let me show you how it
| works.
`----

http://linuxers.org/quick-tips/firefox-addon-fox-clocks

Recent:

Licensing Delay Complicates Decision Between Open Source and Proprietary Video Players

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.poynter.org/column.asp?id=31&aid=177296