[News] A Look at Graphics Stack of Free Desktops, NVIDIA's Optimus May Come to Linux

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Graphics Stack of Free Desktops, NVIDIA's Optimus May Come to Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:58:24 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The State of Open Source 3D

,----[ Quote ]
| 3D drivers are a traditional source of
| complaints in open source systems. David
| Chisnall looks at the history and current
| state of the art to see what changes are in
| store for 2010.
`----

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1554200

NVIDIA's Optimus: Will It Come To Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| NVIDIA's Optimus is similar to the hybrid-
| switching technologies that have been
| available on notebooks up to this point for
| switching between ATI/AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA
| GPUs on notebooks depending upon the graphics
| workload, but with Optimus the experience is
| supposed to be seamless.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzk3Mg

Recent:

NVIDIA's VDPAU Library Updated For DRI2 Work

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzkzNQ