[News] Community Activities in Ubuntu GNU/Linux (and Interview)

  • Subject: [News] Community Activities in Ubuntu GNU/Linux (and Interview)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 20:33:05 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

An Interview With Jono

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâm about 100% sure that the next person
| to be interviewed needs no introduction â
| everybody will have heard of Jono at some
| point, whether it be from his role within
| the community, his activity on identi.ca &
| twitter, or maybe even from LernidâEither
| way, I hope you enjoy this as much as I
| have!
|
| [...]
|
| 8. What would you like to see happen with
| Linux in the future? with Ubuntu?
|
| I want to see free software, delivered via
| Ubuntu, become the most ubiquitous
| platform in the world for users and
| developers, available to all, respecting
| local languages and culture, and inspiring
| innovation and sharing.
`----

http://blog.joeb454.com/2010/02/an-interview-with-jono/

Ubuntu Opportunistic Developer Week: Call For Participation!

,----[ Quote ]
| In the continued interests of helping to
| make Ubuntu rock as a platform for
| scratching itches and making awesome apps,
| I am putting together a new online
| learning event: Ubuntu Opportunistic
| Developer Week, happening online between
| 1st â 6th March 2010.
`----

http://www.linux.com/distrocentral/distroblogs/284628:ubuntu-opportunistic-developer-week-call-for-participation

International Womenâs Day Comp: Get Your Entries In!

,----[ Quote ]
| Two prizes up for grabs. One prize pack
| will be given to the story that the
| community votes is their favourite. One | prize pack will be given to a randomly
| drawn entrant. I have been given the
| pleasure of drawing this entrant in a
| videocast, and announcing both winners to
| the world on March 8th. Thanks to the
| Ubuntu Women project for asking for to do
| this. :-)
`----

http://www.linux.com/distrocentral/distroblogs/285059:international-womens-day-comp-get-your-entries-in

[Ubucon at SCALE 8x]

,----[ Quote ]
| This will be the first UbuCon at SCALE and will be held Friday, February 19, prior to the main Expo.
`----

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale8x/special-events/ubucon

Recent:

New Ubuntu Community Council elected