[News] In Praise of Xfce Desktop

Xfce Desktop: Less Lard, Less Bling, More Usability

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the first in a series of articles
| looking at some lightweight, but still fully-
| functional, desktop alternatives to KDE or
| Gnome. First up: Xfce. Xfce is designed to be
| lightweight and fully-functional, providing a
| full desktop environment whilst using minimal
| system resources; and it's modular, so you can
| choose exactly what you want to run.
|
| The current Xfce umbrella package in both
| Debian stable and Ubuntu 9.10 is xfce4
| (version 4.4 in Debian, and 4.6 in Ubuntu).
| After you've installed it, log out of X. If
| you're running gdm or a similar app as your
| login manager, check the bottom left of the
| screen for a "Sessions" option, and you can
| choose Xfce for your next session. When
| starting the session, you'll then be asked if
| you want to make this your default window
| manager.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6979/1/

Recent:

Goodbye KDE, Hello XFCE

,----[ Quote ]
| About a year before the release of  Vista I
| became so disgusted with Windows that I made
| the decision to switch completely to Linux and
| have never regretted the decision.  My wife
| and son had no problem making the transition
| from Windows to Linux thanks in no small part
| to KDE.  With KDE 3.5, I was in Desktop
| heaven.  I had power and flexibility that
| Windows users cannot even imagine.
`----

http://www.therussellfamily.org/~doug/?p=52

One XFCE 2010 Live edition is out

,----[ Quote ]
| Please remember, this edition is not a Mandriva
| product (so do not expect any kind of support
| directly from Mandriva), but has been completed
| with a great cooperation between the company
| and the community.
|
| On the 19th November 2009, the mandriva
| community has released the One XFCE 2010 Live
| edition to the world. We tried to ensure the
| XFCE experience is even better than before, do
| not hesitate to contact us if you think more
| polish is needed.
`----

http://steletch.free.fr/spip.php?article60

Can XFCE Desktop Environment,be an alternative to Gnome and Kde ?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://reviewglitz.com/2010/02/can-xfce-desktop-environment-an-alternative-to-gnome-and-kde/