[News] More New Examples of Linux Conquering Robots at Intel and Fujisoft

  • Subject: [News] More New Examples of Linux Conquering Robots at Intel and Fujisoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:35:05 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Intel taps student's robot for processor demo

,----[ Quote ]
| While I've always been a little scared of
| spiders, watching student Matt Bunting's
| hexapod robot dancing has all but cured me.
| Maybe it's the combination of the folk
| guitar and little leg sways in the below
| video, but all of a sudden, spiders (at
| least the robotic kind) look so damn cute.
|
| [...]
|
| It runs on the Ubuntu open-source operating
| system.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10450394-1.html

fujisoftâs palro pet robot could use a new name, pal.

,----[ Quote ]
| It runs on a version of Ubuntu Linux, and
| has a built-in  gyro-sensor, accelerometer,
| eight pressure points in its feet as well
| as a distance sensor.
`----

http://technabob.com/blog/2010/02/01/fujisoft-palro-robot/

Recent:

DIY Vicacopter is open source and autonomous

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/diy-vicacopter-is-open-source-and-autonomous-2771588/