[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Has Light Version, Facebook Link

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Has Light Version, Facebook Link
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:49 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

U-Lite Linux- Ubuntu made light.

,----[ Quote ]
| The default installation comes bundled with
| Abiword and Gnumeric for word processing
| and spreadsheets. It also comes with the
| Kazehakase web browser and  Sylpheed mail
| client.
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/02/u-lite-linux-ubuntu-made-light.html

Thank you Ubuntu QuÃbec and Facebook

,----[ Quote ]
| Within hours of the launch Ubuntu QuÃbec
| team members started complaining on the
| mailing list and on tou.tvâs Facebook
| group. We wrote to their admins, provided
| details, wrote to the ombudsman, got canned
| replies for all communications. We then put
| together a Facebook group, and started
| inviting people to join and we shared our
| findings (now all on a public wiki). 451
| people joined the group which is an amazing
| number for Quebec province, given the
| context. I never ever thought Iâd use
| Facebook for open formats and Linux support
| advocacy in such a way!
`----

http://www.fabianrodriguez.com/blog/2010/02/10/thank-you-ubuntu-qc-and-facebook/

You donât need Kopete Facebook plugin anymore

,----[ Quote ]
| As for Kopete. As protocols start to use
| XMPP, the need of hiding XMPP for the end
| user arises. The account wizard should
| display the services known by name, and do
| the XMPP setup with the known preferences.
| May be something I can work on now that I
| donât need to maintain the protocol
| anymore. And I almost forget: we need a way
| to migrate current users of the plugin.
`----

http://duncan.mac-vicar.com/blog/archives/644

Acer AspireRevo nettop review

,----[ Quote ]
| Amazingly, this nettop also supports
| 802.11n wireless. Ubuntu found the wireless
| chipset and we were able to attach to a D-
| Link DIR-855 router in seconds. Most
| netbooks from HP and Asus do not support
| the fast N standard yet, running at over
| 100Mbps, so this was a welcome surprise,
| especially for a system that could work as
| a prime media server (with 160GB of
| storage) for streaming movies from a NAS.
`----

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/reviews/acer-aspirerevo-nettop-review/

Recent:

Ubuntu 9.10 on Dell Latitude D820 Laptop

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://openfarmtech.org/weblog/?p=1535