[News] Free CMS Software Among the Top CMS Options

  • Subject: [News] Free CMS Software Among the Top CMS Options
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:05 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Choosing the Right Content Management System for Your Project

,----[ Quote ]
| Not every CMS is as easy to set-up like
| WordPress or Movable Type for example, and
| sometimes depending on how easy it is to
| install, this can reflect how easy it could
| be to use the system. Many hosting
| companies will automatically install a few
| types of CMSâs to your domain (i.e. Joomla,
| WordPress, Drupal), however there are a few
| that require you to manually upload them to
| your directory using an FTP.
`----

http://designreviver.com/tips/choosing-the-right-content-management-system-for-your-project/

Beautiful projects deserve beautiful sites

,----[ Quote ]
| You never get a second chance to make a
| first impression. The old cliche is true,
| and it applies to the Web sites of FLOSS
| projects as surely as it does a first date
| or a job interview. Unfortunately, all too
| many FLOSS Web sites make a very, very poor
| first impression. Not surprising, since
| many FLOSS developers are much more
| talented at coding than they are at Web
| site design. How to fix the problem?
|
| [...]
|
| This is a topic that has grabbed my
| interest not just because of the marketing
| FLOSS angle, which is important, but also
| because I've been tweaking my own site
| design. While it's fun, site design is not
| one of my core skills. I can mangle HTML
| just fine, but actually making things look
| pretty from a Web design angle... not so
| much one of my strengths. Better resources
| for site design would be greatly helpful!
`----

http://www.dissociatedpress.net/2010/02/08/beautiful-projects-deserve-beautiful-sites/

Recent:

The WordPress Foundation Is Live!