[News] Red Hat's Virtualisation Story, New Fedora 12 Released

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat's Virtualisation Story, New Fedora 12 Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 02:13:48 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Who Is Developing KVM Linux Virtualization?

,----[ Quote ]
| Mike Day, chief virtualization architect at
| IBM, noted during the Red Hat-sponsored Open
| Source Cloud Computing Forum this week that
| the KVM development community has become
| very active in 2009 -- encompassing a wide
| array of organizations.
|
| He said that after examining the project's
| mailing list to gauge the activity taking
| place in KVM development, he found that
| there were some 884 unique participants in
| the mailing list, roughly equivalent to the
| number of active KVM developers. Those
| participants were spread across 382 unique
| address domains from somewhere in the range
| of 250 to 300 separate. According to Day,
| organizations that participate in KVM range
| from large corporations, to government and
| educational organization, as well as
| individual contributors.
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/news/article.php/3864596/Who-Is-Developing-KVM-Linux-Virtualization.htm

Fedora 12 installation media updated

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora-related Fedora Unity project has
| made respins of Fedora 12, which was
| released last autumn, available to download
| as ISO files for i386 and x86_64 systems.
| The respins are updated versions of the
| traditional CD and DVD installation media of
| Fedora 12 which already contain many updates
| that have since been released; once
| installation via such a respin is complete,
| users only need to install the package
| updates released by the Fedora project in
| the past few days.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Fedora-12-installation-media-updated-927589.html

Recent:

yum upgrade to Fedora 12 (and mini-review)

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, it appears to be a decent upgrade.
| Most things appear the same and a few things
| have changed.  This is good â itâs how a
| mature desktop should be.  Upgrades here and
| there, but no more radical changes.
`----

http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com/blog/2010/01/11/yum-upgrade-to-fedora-12-and-mini-review/

The State of Fedora: We're Not Just for Fanboys

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6922/1/