[News] Many GNU/Linux Events Come Soon

SCALE 8x Update: Jobs@SCALE (not Steve), T-shirts, SCALE Uni and UpSCALE talks

The open-source world goes skiing

,----[ Quote ]
| As I do every year, I've created a video to
| highlight the activities and give a taste
| for the event. It's not a closed event: I
| hope you'll join us in 2011.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10453212-16.html

Linux Conference 2010 Slovenia - Call for papers

,----[ Quote ]
| A year has passed and we are happy to
| announce Linux Conference 2010, which will
| be held on 27. and 28. September 2010 in
| PortoroÅ, Slovenia. Once again we have the
| honor to select best of your submissions /
| topics in fields of Linux usage in business
| environment and open source applications.
| With your help, we will organize leading
| Slovenian IT Linux and open source event, so
| we invite you to contact us with your
| submissions.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/11891.html

Linux Conference 2010 - Call for papers

,----[ Quote ]
| A year has passed and we are happy to
| announce Linux Conference 2010, which will
| be held on 27. and 28. September 2010 in
| PortoroÅ, Slovenia. Once again we have the
| honor to select best of your submissions /
| topics in fields of Linux usage in business
| environment and open source applications.
`----

http://media-newswire.com/release_1112366.html

Linux Professional Institute (LPI) announced that LPI Central Europe will host a full program of activities at CeBIT 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| LPI-Central Europe will also provide
| networking service for both LPI alumni and
| prospective employers. Companies seeking
| Linux professionals and LPI alumni
| interested in new employment prospects can
| connect at the LPI booth in Hall 2, Floor
| D39 of the Hanover Exhibition and Convention
| Center, Hanover, Germany.
`----

http://media-newswire.com/release_1112369.html

Recent:

Go UpSCALE Test multiple distros, make sure your registration is in!

,----[ Quote ]
| Attendees at the Southern California Linux
| Expo (SCALE) will be able to go âUpSCALEâ
| on Friday, Feb. 19, as the expo provides a
| series of lightning talks that evening.
| Based on the OâReilly Media âIgniteâ talks
| which have occurred at OSCON, the UpSCALE
| talk is a presentation in which
| participants are given five minutes to talk
| on a subject, accompanied by 20 slides
| which are displayed for 15 seconds each. If
| you think youâre up to the pace of a quick
| presentation and can wow an audience in
| five minutes or less, UpSCALE is for you.

LXer@FOSDEM 2010: Anyone else going?

An LCA 2010 overview

,----[ Quote ]
| The 2010 edition of linux.conf.au was held
| on January 18 to 22 in Wellington, New
| Zealand. A number of the talks from this
| event have been covered elsewhere on LWN,
| with more to come; this article will talk
| about several other sessions and your
| editor's impressions of the conference as a
| whole. In brief: it was a highly successful
| event which easily lived up to the high
| standards set by LCA.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/371044/

Call For Community Input: LPI "Job Task Analysis"

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Professional Institute (LPI)
| issued a call for volunteers to assist in
| the development of its world leading Linux
| certification program. Volunteers are
| sought for participation in a Job Task
| Analysis (JTA) survey for the
| organization's new specialty exam LPI-304
| (High Availability and Virtualization).
`----

http://www.lpi.org/eng/about_lpi/what_s_new/call_for_community_input_lpi_job_task_analysis

YAIGTFP: PIMp My Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| However, itâll be an unusual
| experience for me this yearâ This will be the
| first time that I am at FOSDEM âon businessâ.
| Much of my time during the event is already
| preallocated to various meetings. Sadly this
| leaves very little time for attending talksâ
`----

http://blogs.fsfe.org/padams/?p=66

WRT FOSDEM Beer Event

,----[ Quote ]
| FOSDEM is about having fun and exchanging
| opinions. We should have both.
`----

http://jan.wildeboer.net/2010/02/wrt-fosdem-beer-event/

KDE at FOSDEM this Weekend