[News] Google's Distribution of GNU/Linux Gets Industry Support

  • Subject: [News] Google's Distribution of GNU/Linux Gets Industry Support
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 03:04:24 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google Chrome OS - A Revolution In OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's operating system will use a Linux
| kernel
|
| Google Chrome OS will also consider a
| distribution of Linux, which is based on
| kernel / kernel of Linux. On this Linux
| kernel, it will run the windows and web
| applications from Google Chrome OS. Since
| Google Chrome an OS kernel using Linux, your
| video should be released to the public, so
| everyone who wants can have access to it.
| Also, Google Chrome OS must also be free,
| something that surely will encourage many
| people to use Google's operating system.
`----

http://www.ozcarguide.com/technology/web/1263-google-chrome-os-a-revolution-in-os

Industry is Preparing for Chrome OS â Especially Netbook Makers

,----[ Quote ]
| We are getting more and more news about more
| industry leading Netbook maker planing on
| releasing Chrome OS featured NetBook. We
| might have to wait till end of the year. We
| already have few specification about some of
| those NetBook. Google Already Released its
| code base, still no downloadable iso or
| burnable disk image, but we already have
| Chromium OS source code so developer could
| make their own package, but itâs currently
| limited to Linux only OS.

`----
http://thetechjournal.com/electronics/laptop/industry-is-preparing-for-chrome-os-especially-netbook-makers.xhtml

Ask a Geek: A week with Google's Chromium

,----[ Quote ]
| I use Linux as my operating system instead
| of Windows, specifically Kubuntu
| (kubuntu.org). Deep down, it is very
| different from Microsoft's offering, but in
| general they run a lot of the same programs.
| Google's Chromium browser has been available
| for some time for Windows, but still is not
| a stable release for Linux, so I have been
| waiting to try it out. Finally, I decided it
| was time. Here are my opinions.
`----

http://www.register-news.com/opinion/local_story_042202239.html?keyword=topstory

Recent:

Google talks Chrome OS, HTML5, and the future of software

,----[ Quote ]
| I had done my best to sort out the why's
| and wherefore's of Google's first consumer
| OS effort in my initial launch coverage but
| I still had many questions about the past,
| present, and future of the project.
|
| [...]
|
| EB: The way that we've thought about this
| for a while is if you read the Chrome OS
| blog post that we did in July, and you read
| the Chrome browser blog post that we did in
| September in 2008, they're very similar.
| They're essentially the same thing. And the
| reason is because when we were building
| Chrome the browser, we realized that
| everyone is spending their time online. So
| essentially we were trying to build
| something that mimics this operating system
| feelâthere's a task manager in Chrome, and
| that was one of the early additions to
| Chrome.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2010/01/chrome-os-interview-1.ars

Interview: Chrome OS Zeroâs Hexxeh

,----[ Quote ]
| From Chrome OS Diet to Cherry and now the
| latest, Zero, Hexxeh has been the primary
| source for Chrome OS build releases ever
| since Google released the Chromium code to
| the masses in November. Theyâve been
| popular mostly because they work with a
| lot of existing hardware, plus the builds
| are small enough to fit on any USB drive.
| We got a chance to ask some questions of
| Hexxeh, who just released Chrome OS Zero a
| few days ago and talks about how he got
| started, future job prospects and some
| technical features in his latest version.
`----

http://www.thechromesource.com/interview-chrome-os-zeros-hexxeh/

Chrome OS Online Workflows: Photos

,----[ Quote ]