[News] Making Ubuntu GNU/Linux Beat Vista 7, Introduction to Edubuntu

  • Subject: [News] Making Ubuntu GNU/Linux Beat Vista 7, Introduction to Edubuntu
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:40:10 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Make your Ubuntu smarter than Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Ok, I am a linux guy and most of you will be
| thinking that why I am writing this . Let me
| say , even though many people are agreeing
| with the statement Ubuntu is always better
| than Windows , there are a lot of people how
| think that Ubuntu has too few applications
| available for use . Ubuntu would be more
| secure , most faster and more stable , but
| is it up to par with Windows in doing things
| , like can we use photoshop cs 4 in linux ,
| or can we play assassins creed 2 in Ubuntu .
| I am not promising you that you could , but
| I assure you that you can make your ubuntu
| linux much more better in doing things . Let
| me show a handful of essential applications
| for your linux machine which would transform
| your ubuntu to a real star performer , doing
| almost everything you can do in windows .
`----

http://reviewglitz.com/2010/02/make-your-ubuntu-smarter-than-windows-7/

Edubuntu â Educational Linux Ubuntu Operating System For Students, Teachers And Schools

,----[ Quote ]
| Edubuntu is a Linux based, educational
| operating system of the Ubuntu version. With
| Edbuntu, Linux and Ubuntu wants to offer
| students, children, parents, teachers,
| schools and other education institutions
| with a great computer utility meant to
| enhance their learning process.
`----
[News] Making Ubuntu GNU/Linux Beat Vista 7, Introduction to Edubuntu

Ubuntu Global Jam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam

Recent:

Italian LUG turns Pakistani school into a educational model

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/148311