[News] Python Programming Coming to Many More Devices

  • Subject: [News] Python Programming Coming to Many More Devices
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:29:20 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Python for S60 version 2.0 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Python for S60 (PyS60) has been in flux for
| some time, with various project forks, but with
| the official release of Python S60 v2.0, it
| appears that time is over.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Python-for-S60-version-2-0-released-929248.html

Cross platform doesnât exists

,----[ Quote ]
| When you write code in Python you can be almost
| sure your code will run on different operating
| systems. I say almost sure, not completely
| sure, because some of the libraries and
| packages you are using can have different
| behaviors on different systems.
`----

http://www.expobrain.net/2010/02/13/cross-platform-doesnt-exists

Recent:

Last of Python 2.x language line moves forward

,----[ Quote ]
| Python 2.7, expected to be the last major
| version of the 2.x series of the dynamic
| language, was released as a second alpha
| earlier month by the Python Software
| Foundation, with the final release set for
| June.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2010/011510-last-of-python-2x-language.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Writing great scripts with Python