[News] [Rival] GNU/Linux Gains from Microsoft's Bricking of Windows XP

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] GNU/Linux Gains from Microsoft's Bricking of Windows XP
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:48:29 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Windows update causes Windows XP to freak out

,----[ Quote ]
| So yeah, letâs all move to Linux. Someone
| tell Scott.
`----

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/02/12/windows-update-causes-windows-xp-to-freak-out/

Windows XP patch fiasco gets even crazier, Microsoft now scrambling for solutions

,----[ Quote ]
| If you ever needed a reason to go Linux,
| here you go. The noise surrounding this
| patently obscure Windows XP bug / patch
| fiasco has just reached a fever pitch, and
| now weâve got engineers within Redmond
| scratching their heads, too.
`----

http://www.pricemo.com/laptops/windows-xp-patch-fiasco-gets-even-crazier-microsoft-now-scrambling-for-solutions-45809/

Windows patch causes blue screen of death for some

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-392664.html

MS update gives some XP boxes the Blue Screen

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/11/ms_bsod_update_glitch/

Microsoft Pulls Security Update Blamed For Windows XP Blue Screen Of Death

http://www.crn.com/security/222900208;jsessionid=TXNUS40YH3P2VQE1GHPCKHWATMY32JVN

Rootkit May Be Culprit in Recent Windows Crashes

http://www.krebsonsecurity.com/2010/02/rootkit-may-be-culprit-in-recent-windows-crashes/

Microsoft stops serving Window patch blamed for blue screens

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2010/021210-microsoft-stops-serving-window-patch.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Adobe fixes critical vulnerability in Flash - Update

,----[ Quote ]
| Security updates 10.0.45.2 for the Adobe Flash
| Player and 1.5.3.1930 for AIR fix a critical
| security vulnerability which allows Flash
| applets to circumvent certain security
| functions in order to access other websites
| without obtaining the user's permission. A
| specially crafted Flash file on a malicious web
| page could read data, including banking data or
| similar, displayed in other open browser
| windows.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Adobe-fixes-critical-vulnerability-in-Flash-Update-929060.html

Recent: