[News] BitTorrent and Free Software Help Twitter, Other FOSS in SaaS

  • Subject: [News] BitTorrent and Free Software Help Twitter, Other FOSS in SaaS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 01:49:29 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Twitter to use BitTorrent for upgrades

,----[ Quote ]
| The company is now planning to use the Open
| Source Bit Tornado torrent client to
| distribute updates from a seed server to a
| swarm of peer servers.
`----

http://www.thinq.co.uk/news/2010/2/10/twitter-to-use-bittorrent-for-upgrades/

Open version of cloud management software takes on ECP

,----[ Quote ]
| Toronto-based Enomaly severed its links with
| open source software with the release of the
| latest version of its Elastic Computing
| Platform (ECP). Not only did the company
| remove all traces of the open source Community
| Edition from the product but it also moved ECP
| from the open source repository, SourceForge,
| moves which caused great disquiet among the
| company's customer base.
`----

http://news.techworld.com/applications/3212431/open-version-of-cloud-management-software-takes-on-ecp/

CA Brings SOA Security to Open Source JBoss

,----[ Quote ]
| CA announced it has extended its world-class
| Web access security technology to include
| support for Web applications and Web services
| hosted on JBoss Enterprise Middleware.
`----

http://www.ebizq.net/news/12256.html?grss

Recent: