[News] Fun Statistics with GNU/Linux and Free Browser Share

  • Subject: [News] Fun Statistics with GNU/Linux and Free Browser Share
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 02:28 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

46% That other OS, 42% GNU/Linux and 5.9% MacOS

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/02/15/statistics/

20 Percent Of TechCrunch Readers Are Already Browsing With Chrome

,----[ Quote ]
| Googleâs Chrome browser is quickly gaining
| market share, with one estimate putting it
| at about 5 percent of total usage, while
| Microsoftâs Internet Explorer is seeing a
| drop in overall share. But among TechCrunch
| readers Chrome is already beating every
| browser except for Firefox.
`----

http://techcrunch.com/2010/02/16/20-percent-chrome/

Where does Mozilla go when the monopoly witch is dead?

,----[ Quote ]
| That one (point 5) seems to be where Baker
| is at at the moment, although she's fairly
| guarded about it. Speaking earlier at a
| session at DLD in Munich, (video) Baker had
| described Firefox as the "first necessary
| step", a mechanism for breaking the
| monopoly.
|
| This was a process of disruption, and "we
| still intend to continue disruptionâ not
| based so much on cost, because we've now
| moved into a phase where everything is free
| of charge to consumers. For Mozilla and
| Firefox the key to disruption is the control
| point, so our original disruption of the
| first monopoly was to actually build an
| industry and to crack the control point open
| to get to the stageâ of creating value."
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/15/mozilla_mitchell_baker/

Starting the Discussion: How to Make Mozillaâs Websites Better

,----[ Quote ]
| As noted yesterday, there are many good
| things about Mozillaâs various websites, but
| the big picture of how theyâre organized and
| work together leaves a lot of room for
| improvement. Entering our web universe can
| be really confusing for users, and the
| current setup limits the ways we can spread
| the word about all the stuff thatâs
| happening around the organization and
| community.
`----

http://www.intothefuzz.com/2010/02/11/starting-the-discussion-how-to-make-mozillas-websites-better/

Recent:

Licensing Delay Complicates Decision Between Open Source and Proprietary Video Players

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.poynter.org/column.asp?id=31&aid=177296