[News] Former Boss of MySQL (Marten Mickos) Speaks About Business with Free Software

  • Subject: [News] Former Boss of MySQL (Marten Mickos) Speaks About Business with Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:46:28 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

CEO Interview: Marten Mickos on how Open Source businesses can break through the $10-15 million plateau

,----[ Quote ]
| Miriam Tuerk sat down with Marten Mickos,
| former CEO of MySQL AB, to get Martenâs
| thoughts on how to break thru the sub
| $10-15 revenue plateau and achieve the
| hyper growth promise of Open Source.
|
| Marten Mickos, former CEO of MySQL AB, has
| the rather unique experience of having
| grown a commercial Open Source company to
| sales above $100 million over his 8-year
| tenure.  Other than Red Hat, MySQL is the
| only company to have independently achieved
| this milestone, pre acquisition.  Many
| market pundits comment on the difficulty
| Commercial Open Source companies have in
| breaking thru the $10-$15 million revenue
| plateau.  I sat down with Marten to get his
| thoughts on the strategies for success at
| that stage of growth.
`----

http://blogs.olliancegroup.com/2010/02/10/ceo-interview-marten-mickos-on-how-open-source-businesses-can-break-through-the-10-15-million-plateau/

Open Collaboration within Corporations Using Software Forges

,----[ Quote ]
| Software forges are tool platforms that
| originated in the open source community.
| Many corporations are improving and
| extending their software development
| practices by adopting forges internally.
`----

http://dirkriehle.com/publications/2009/open-collaboration-within-corporations-using-software-forges/

Free software  => Free business.

Recent:

Exclusive: Former MySQL boss Marten Mickos talks open source

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39643702,00.htm