[News] Apple is Promoting DRM Again

Apple Prepares DRM For The iPad

,----[ Quote ]
| Slaveware companies go even further and use
| the word IP to confuse users. IP is a stupid
| bundle of Trademark, Copyright, Patent and
| much more. You can't put patents and Trademark
| in the same basket, especially in the case of
| software or products which are in the software
| format. In a lot of countries software patents
| are not valid, but with the usage of the word
| IP these companies try to bring software under
| that umbrella of protection.
`----

http://www.katonda.com/blog/780/apple-prepares-drm-ipad

Recent:

iPad Vs HP, Google, Dell, Camangi Slates

,----[ Quote ]
| Interestingly, the iPad will not be
| challenged from Microsoft but from the
| sleeping-giant Gnu-Linux. Here is a
| comparison with some of the to-be-released
| Gnu-Linux powered tablets.
`----

http://www.katonda.com/blog/670/ipad-vs-hp-google-dell-camangi-slates

A look at Apple's love for DRM and consumer lock-ins

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple makes great productsâyou'll get no
| argument from us. But Apple also likes
| keeping tight control over those products,
| and if anyone outside of Apple's blessed
| circle attempts to get in, the company is
| more than willing to try to use (or abuse)
| the law to its advantage.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/01/a-look-at-apples-love-for-drm-and-consumer-lock-ins.ars

What is DRM doing in my garage?

,----[ Quote ]
| My new garage door opener comes with both DRM
| and a DMCA warning: don't even think about
| using a third-party remote. But didn't a
| federal court already say this sort of
| behavior was illegal years ago?
`----

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/12/what-is-drm-doing-in-my-garage.ars