[News] Historical Perspective on Attempt to Legalise Software Patents in EU, India Troubled Too

  • Subject: [News] Historical Perspective on Attempt to Legalise Software Patents in EU, India Troubled Too
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 22:16:37 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

A Unified European Patent System - The Historical Perspective

,----[ Quote ]
| The idea of creating a single patent court
| for Europe in order to improve legal
| certainty as well as to reduce costs is
| inextricably intertwined with the idea of
| creating a unitary trans-national patent
| which has the same legal effect all over
| Europe and which goes well beyond the
| European bundle patent of our days. Without
| such new substantive patent law, any attempt
| to bundle the procedural aspects of
| litigation and nullity matters will surely
| be futile. When assessing the chances for a
| unification of patent courts in Europe we
| will have to look at the history and
| prospects of both ideas. If there is no
| unitary substantial patent law in Europe
| there will also be no European patent court.
`----

http://www.ipjur.com/blog2/index.php?/archives/138-A-Unified-European-Patent-System-The-Historical-Perspective.html

Kochhar & Co starts South India drive with two lateral partners

,----[ Quote ]
| He explained that he also expected changes in
| regulations that would soon permit software
| patent filing without independent of hardware
| patents, which would be a large growth area.
`----

http://www.legallyindia.com/20100216497/Law-firms/kochhar-a-co-starts-south-india-drive-with-two-lateral-partners

Recent:

Leveraging Through Software Patents