[News] [Rival] Former Microsoft Employee: Bill Gates Complicit with Microsoft's Tax Evasion

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Former Microsoft Employee: Bill Gates Complicit with Microsoft's Tax Evasion
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 22:20:02 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Revenue from HB3176 Will Catch Up with Existing Tax Law in 2017

,----[ Quote ]
| As long as Washington State doesn't go broke
| before 2017, we'll eventually catch up to
| the damage done by HB3176. But, HB3176 may
| throw away a lot of cash (Microsoft's tax
| debt) up front that the state could benefit
| from today.
|
| Following up on yesterday's post on
| Microsoft's $100 million tax cut and
| potential tax amnesty, I've done a brief
| analysis of the impact of HB3176's proposed
| changes to the royalty tax. Based on this
| analysis, the current royalty tax alone will
| generate more revenue for the state until
| 2017 when the combined increased revenue
| sources from HB3176 will catch up with the
| loss of the domicile-based royalty tax.
`----

http://microsofttaxdodge.com/2010/02/revenue-from-hb3176-will-catch-up-with-existing-tax-law-in-2017.html

Seattle Weekly Highlights Seattle Times Failure to Cover Microsoft's Tax Dodge

,----[ Quote ]
| In the midst of Washington State's brief
| biennial legislative session to address the
| state's pending insolvency from a $2.8
| billion budget deficit, you might think that
| an estimated $1.27 billion tax dodge by
| Microsoft, the state's most profitable
| company, and a proposed bill by Bill Gates'
| own representative which would grant
| Microsoft a $100 million annual tax cut and
| likely amnesty from it's unpaid taxes would
| warrant coverage in the state's most
| successful newspaper, The Seattle Times.
|
| [...]
|
| I don't understand why the paper won't cover
| the issue though the Times has had a history
| of taking stances on the estate tax at odds
| with our community's traditional centrist
| values. In 2000, the paper endorsed George
| Bush for President. This week, the paper
| complained that the Legislature's proposed
| sales tax increase was enough to push the
| author to evade the sales tax by driving
| south to Oregon.
|
| I know Seattle journalism is under strain.
| The failure of the print edition of the PI
| recently has hurt the city. But, it's up to
| journalists to make their work relevant to
| readers. In choosing so far not to cover
| this issue, the Seattle Times is failing all
| of us. If you don't cover issues that
| materially affect events in our region, then
| perhaps your business deserves to struggle
| financially.
`----

http://microsofttaxdodge.com/2010/02/seattle-weekly-highlights-seattle-times-failure-to-cover-microsofts-tax-dodge.html

Recent:

Bill Gates Suggests Taxing Banks to Cut Federal Deficit

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://microsofttaxdodge.com/2010/01/bill-gates-wants-to-tax-banks-to-cut-federal-deficit.html