[News] [Rival] Microsoft Hotmail Leaks Your Personal Details, Microsoft Overcharges, Etc.

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Hotmail Leaks Your Personal Details, Microsoft Overcharges, Etc.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 22:23:01 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft investigates Hotmail privacy breach

,----[ Quote ]
| In its statement, the software giant said,
| "Microsoft takes customers' privacy
| seriously, and immediately upon learning of
| these reports, we started an investigation.
| We will take appropriate action once we have
| completed the investigation."
`----

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2010/02/microsft-investigates-hotmail-privacy-breach.ars

MS botches Office 2010 prices, hikes Professional by Â30

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft got its sums wrong on the price
| tag for the boxed version of Office
| Professional 2010, forcing it to hike the
| product by Â30.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2010/02/17/microsoft_office_2010_prices_uk_sums_wrong/

Does Open Source really hate windows?

,----[ Quote ]
| While on the face of that previous statement
| it seems that microsoft is no different than
| any other business it is they way they
| operate which Open Source people find
| detestable. I always say that people are
| defined by their actions and not by what
| they say. The actions shown by microsoft are
| that they are ruthless, without business and
| personal ethics and treat their customers
| with less trust and respect than you would
| treat the homeless person on the street
| corner.
`----

http://www.locutus.us/does_open_source_really_hate_windows%3F

"The entire ambition for the Windows team was to create something "cool"
that was also visually stimulating to the eye. Their goal was to create a
virtual software layer that would unite the hardware and software marketplace
on a single standardâa standard, once again, controlled by Microsoft."

	--Barbarians Led by Bill Gates, a book composed by the daughter of Microsoft's PR mogul

Recent:

Phishing attack targets Hotmail

,----[ Quote ]
| BBC News has seen a list of more than 10,000 e-mail accounts and passwords
| which had been posted online.

10,000 Hotmail passwords mysteriously leaked to web

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/05/hotmail_passwords_leaked/

Hotmail passwords leaked

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/10/hotmail_passwords_leaked.html?ana=from_rss