[News] More Devices with Linux/MeeGo Appear

Under the Hood with MeeGo

,----[ Quote ]
| Some may be surprised by the merger, announced
| this week, of the open source Maemo and Moblin
| projects, given their architectural
| differences. Maemo targets ARM, while Moblin
| aims to enable devices with Intel Architecture
| (commonly "x86") processors.
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/embedded-mobile/mobile-linux/287498:under-the-hood-with-meego

Tablet runs on Moorestown processor

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenPeak announced an Intel Moorestown-based
| tablet device, which may well end up running
| the new Nokia/Intel MeeGo operating system.
| The OpenTablet 7 features a 7-inch multi-touch
| display, 802.11n WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1,
| cellular, HDMI output and dual cameras, says
| the company.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/OpenPeak-OpenTablet-7/

The open source mobile âsuper-platformâ cometh

,----[ Quote ]
| As you may be aware by now Nokia and Intel
| have announced that they will merge their
| respective Maemo and Moblin software platforms
| to create a combined Linux-based operating
| system targeting a new broader range of fixed
| and mobile devices. MeeGo is aimed at creating | a unified Linux-based environment that will run
| across smartphones, mobile computers,
| netbooks, tablets, digital TVs and in-vehicle
| infotainment systems.
`----

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/news/open-source-super-platform/

What does MeeGo mean for Mobile Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| After years of hearing about it, I'm only
| aware of one phone the N900 that runs Maemo -
| and that's from Nokia a company with hundreds
| of devices and handsets. Moblin on the other
| hand is the benchmark standard that Linux
| distros have been aiming for when it comes to
| netbooks - Intel Atom powered netbooks to be
| precise.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/02/what-does-meego-mean-for-mobil.html

Maemo + Moblin = MeeGo: The Q&A

,----[ Quote ]
| Q: What about the decision to host it with the
| Linux Foundation?
| A: Thatâs a positive. It will get more
| visibility than it would directly managed by
| the vendors, it will abstract the project from
| certain institutional political interference
| (think ARM enemies at Intel, and the pro-
| Symbian crowd at Nokia), and it gives the
| project a more open image.
`----

http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2010/02/18/meego/

Recent:

Aava Mobile unveils worldâs first fully open mobile device

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.slashgear.com/aava-mobile-unveils-worlds-first-fully-open-mobile-device-1674224/