[News] Bruno Knaapen, GNU/Linux Advocate, Remembered in Amsterdam

  • Subject: [News] Bruno Knaapen, GNU/Linux Advocate, Remembered in Amsterdam
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 02:35:17 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The World Is Mourning The Loss Of Bruno Knaapen â Linux Advocate

,----[ Quote ]
| I knew little about the man called Bruno. I
| knew he was a Linux advocate and he knew Linux
| inside out. He was patient with those who were
| trying to learn the OS and he always had the
| answer to any question that was posted in the
| forum. Looking over in the Scotâs Newsletter
| Forum, All Things Linux, Bruno has posted over
| 37,000 replies to questions or information for
| Linux users. He also had an excellent site
| called Tips For Linux Users in which he posted
| everything you needed to know about Linux.
`----

http://www.lockergnome.com/blade/2010/02/20/the-world-is-mourning-the-loss-of-bruno-knaapen-linux-advocate/

Dearest Friends, Students, Admirers of Bruno Knaapen...

,----[ Quote ]
| In Amsterdam, where Bruno lives, they have the
| option of "dignified death" (euthanasia by
| choice). Bruno has reached that point. He will
| be surrounded by his family as he takes his
| final journey beyond this existence. The time
| is set for this Saturday morning (Amsterdam
| time).
`----

http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=33084

Recent:

The Bruno Knaapen Technology Learning Center is Established

,----[ Quote ]
| It was just a short time ago that Scot Finnie
| announced a long-time Linux Advocate had
| fallen terribly Ill.  His name is Bruno
| Knaapen and he is the author and maintainer
| of Brunolinux.com.  We wrote about Bruno at
| Blog of helios and told you that we planned
| to dedicate a technology learning center to
| him.  I began speaking with different people
| about various possibilities and locations for
| the center.  It became obvious after a short
| time that we were not going to be able to
| find a suitable place any time soon.
`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2010/02/bruno-knaaplen-technology-learning.html

Monument for Bruno