[News] K Desktop Environment (KDE SC) Rambles and Suggestions

  • Subject: [News] K Desktop Environment (KDE SC) Rambles and Suggestions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 02:52:04 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

the limits of virtual desktops

,----[ Quote ]
| soâ weâre going to be talking about activity
| stuff at tokamak this week. thereâs a lot of
| things that arenât final yetâ butâ one thing
| thatâs pretty much settled is that the
| activity/context stuff is going to be
| separate from virtual desktops. regardless
| of whether we *should* do such a thing, itâs
| not possible to do it properly anyways. Iâve
| been asked about this a few times so Iâm
| going to explain the whole thing in
| excruciating detail so that I never have to
| explain it again. :)
`----

http://chani.wordpress.com/2010/02/20/the-limits-of-virtual-desktops/

On the menubar

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE developers are currently discussing
| whether Rekonq could replace Konqi as KDEâs
| default web browser. Iâm glad that this
| discussion has not (yet) turned into a
| flamewar like we saw in the days when
| Dolphin replaced Konqi as the default file
| manager. Instead, people are mostly
| discussing whether Rekonq is up to the task
| it is supposed to fulfil, and many people
| are arguing against that (including the
| Rekonq developers themselves!).
`----

http://majewsky.wordpress.com/2010/02/20/on-the-menubar/

Configure and use the KDE 4.4 pager

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/02/19/configure-and-use-the-kde-4-4-pager/

Recent:

Easy folder sharing in KDE 4.4

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/02/18/easy-folder-sharing-in-kde-4-4/

Window-specific options in KDE 4.4

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/02/20/window-specific-options-in-kde-4-4/

How to install KDE Software Compilation 4.4 from PPA in ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-install-kde-software-compilation-4-4-from-ppa-in-ubuntu-9-10-karmic.html