[News] Slingshot Added Support for Free/Libre Database with GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Slingshot Added Support for Free/Libre Database with GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 03:19:33 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Slingshot Software Announces Added Support for Linux OS and PostgresSQL Database Management System

,----[ Quote ]
| Slingshot Software, a leading provider of web-
| based enterprise software solutions to mid to
| large sized companies, today announces added
| support for the Linux operating system and
| PostgresSQL database management system.
`----

http://www.prweb.com/releases/SlingshotSoftwareSupports/LinuxOSPostgresSQLDBMS/prweb3618964.htm

"Open Source Databases: One Size Does Not Fit All"

âHow specific database use cases are addressed (or not) by select open source databases.

http://www.techlinks.net/knowledge-center/webinars/upcoming/details/381-qopen-source-databases-one-size-does-not-fit-allq.html

EnterpriseDB to Host Three Complimentary Webinars Focused on Increased Use of Open Source Databases in the Enterprise

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/enterprisedb-to-host-three-complimentary-webinars-focused-on-increased-use-of-open-source-databases-in-the-enterprise-84695067.html

Recent:

Why MySQL's creator thinks IBM could acquire the database

,----[ Quote ]
| A quick review of Save MySQL online petition
| stats shows that the results are still in
| line with the results I reported previously.
| Over 90 percent of petition signees would
| require Oracle to divest MySQL to a "suitable
| third party."
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source/why-mysqls-creator-thinks-ibm-could-acquire-database-185

Red Hat CEO: Choose flexibility or Larry

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/090209-red-hat-ceo-choose-flexibility.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news