[News] Mozilla and Google Harm Microsoft's Business, Privacy in Focus Again

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla and Google Harm Microsoft's Business, Privacy in Focus Again
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 03:31:37 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google's microsoft takedown helped by rivals

,----[ Quote ]
| Personally, I prefer Mozilla Firefox, a
| descendant of the Netscape browser that
| Microsoft vanquished in Browser War I.
| Maintained by an open-source community,
| Firefox is available for PCs, Macs and Linux
| computers, and is the second-most-used browser
| after Internet Explorer. The program benefits
| from a well-developed ecosystem that includes
| thousands of add-ons for everything from
| speeding up YouTube downloads to StumbleUpon,
| which adds a button that helps you discover
| and share websites that match your interests.
`----

http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content.php?id=1184273&lang=eng_news&cate_img=140.jpg&cate_rss=news_Opinion

Facebook Hit With Class Action Over Privacy Changes

,----[ Quote ]
| A class action lawsuit has been filed
| against Facebook over changes that the
| social networking site made to its privacy
| settings last November and December.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/189555/facebook_privacy_lawsuit.html?tk=rss_news

Tasmanian electoral law threatens privacy

,----[ Quote ]
| A law requiring all electoral matter posted
| on the Internet to be accompanied by the
| poster's name and address conflicts with the
| need for users of social networking sites to
| maintain their privacy.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/it-policy-news/government-tech-policy/37020-tasmanian-electoral-law-threatens-privacy

Recent:

Mozilla releases Thunderbird 3.1 Alpha 1

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the developers, one of the main
| goals for the Thunderbird 3.1 Alpha 1 release
| is "to find out about possible problems caused
| by the changes in the underlying platform".
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Mozilla-releases-Thunderbird-3-1-Alpha-1-924163.html

Mozilla Messaging building nest for Thunderbird 3.1

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/12/mozilla-messaging-building-nest-for-thunderbird-31.ars