[News] Introduction to Ubuntu Variants/Derivatives Element and Edubuntu

  • Subject: [News] Introduction to Ubuntu Variants/Derivatives Element and Edubuntu
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 01:15:55 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Element is designed to be run as a dedicated media PC in the
lounge room, connected to a high definition television.

,----[ Quote ]
| Element is an Ubuntu-based distribution
| for home theatre or media-centre personal
| computers featuring a ten-foot user
| interface and designed to be connected to
| a HDTV for a digital media and Internet
| experience within the comforts of a living
| room or entertainment area.
`----

http://ubuntulandforever.blogspot.com/2010/02/element-is-designed-to-be-run-as.html

Edubuntu is Ubuntu for the Classroom

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu by Canonical, one of the most
| popular Linux distributions, provides a
| few different variants. One of them is
| Edubuntu. It is the same operating system
| as Ubuntu but comes loaded with many
| educational applications and games. In
| this article, we'll install Edubuntu and
| discover exactly which applications come
| preinstalled. Now lets get started!
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6988/1/

Related: