[News] GNU/Linux Saves Windows Captives from Inherent Problems, PGP Adds Linux

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Saves Windows Captives from Inherent Problems, PGP Adds Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:17:28 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Virtualised USB key beats keyloggers

,----[ Quote ]
| Aimed at companies that want to protect
| corporate bank accounts, Trusted Access for
| Banking is actually a standard  IronKey USB
| drive that runs a walled or âhardened' Linux
| virtual environment inside the PC's OS. It
| comes complete with its own browser hardwired
| to access only a particular bank service, and
| incorporates RSA Secure ID tokens for
| authentication.
`----

http://news.techworld.com/security/3213277/virtualised-usb-key-beats-keylogging/

PGP security gets Linux and Win7 support, plus more encryption

,----[ Quote ]
| After rolling out the first Linux edition of
| its desktop encryption security software last
| month -- together with new support for the
| latest versions of Windows and Mac -- PGP
| Corp. on Monday announced major server updates
| that will let PGP be managed alongside myriad
| other approaches to encryption.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/PGP-security-gets-Linux-and-Win7-support-plus-more-encryption/1266871078

Recent:

PGP Corporation Announces New Data Protection Solutions For Mac And Linux Enterprise Users

,----[ Quote ]
| PGP Corporation, a global leader in
| enterprise data protection, today announced
| availability of the latest version of PGP
| Desktop. This new release extends PGP's
| leadership position in enterprise data
| protection and enables client convenience
| and compliance across all of the major
| desktop operating systems environments --
| Windows, Mac OS X, Ubuntu Linux and Red Hat
| Linux. In addition to allowing disk
| encryption across mixed environments, PGP
| Desktop for Mac now also supports Boot Camp,
| so users can have complete protection for
| machines running dual Mac OS X and Windows
| environments.
`----

http://www.darkreading.com/insiderthreat/security/encryption/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=222301689

Related:

Animal Rights Activists Forced to Hand Over Encryption Keys

,----[ Quote ]
| If you remember, this was sold to the public as essential for fighting
| terrorism. It's already being misused.
`----

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2007/11/animal_rights_a.html

Why proprietary code is bad for security

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://wolfgang.lonien.de/?p=394