[News] [Rival] Melinda Gates 'Plants' Self-congratulatory 'Articles' in the Paper Whose Board She Controls

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Melinda Gates 'Plants' Self-congratulatory 'Articles' in the Paper Whose Board She Controls
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:52:28 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Melinda makes an informercial disguised as an oped for a newspaper where she sits on the board

,----[ Quote ]
| Next time Gates Keepers wants to publish an
| infomercial disguised as an oped in a
| newspaper we will be sure to go to a
| newspaper where we sit on the Board of
| Directors. That is what Melinda has done.
| Has this Gates Foundation board member no
| shame? Why didn't she send it to another
| paper where she doesn't sit on the board?
`----

http://gateskeepers.civiblog.org/blog/_archives/2010/2/23/4463848.html

More propaganda....

"In Hanson and Edstrom's view of the world, Gates should be Microsoft's
spokesman. Microsoft's cofounder, Paul Allen, had resigned in 1983 after
battling Hodgkin's disease, and Gates fit the consummate developer image.
Hanson sent around a gag orderâno talking to the media. This was, to say
 the least, not a popular decision with Microsoft's developers."

        --Barbarians Led by Bill Gates, a book composed by the daughter of Microsoft's PR mogul

Gates Foundation relationship with Catholic Relief Services questioned

,----[ Quote ]
| In exchange for perpetuating this glorious
| deception and maintaining a silence on the
| Gates/Buffett world-wide killing machine,
| CRS has received in excess of $40 million
| for global and agricultural development and
| financial services for the poor from 2003
| to 2009. Compared to the billions Bill and
| Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett and his
| family spend on their true passion â baby
| killing and. population control â itâs a
| drop in the bucket, of course, but Iâm sure
| they consider their money well spent. In
| reviewing the anti-life record of the
| Gateses and Buffetts, one they have
| successfully keep out of the public eye,
| thanks to organizations like CRS.
`----

http://gateskeepers.civiblog.org/blog/_archives/2010/2/19/4459848.html

Recent:

Bill Gates is wrong about âenergy miraclesâ

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes, Bill Gates keeps diminishing the value
| of aggressive action now, which is just
| plain suicidal.  We need both massive
| technology deployment now and much more
| innovation.  But the former is the sine qua
| non for having any chance to preserve a
| livable climate.  Ironically, the former is
| also the key to the latter, something Gates
| himself used to argue.  Strangely, Gates
| strongly praises Goreâs book even though its
| main thrust is directly at odds with Gatesâ.
`----

http://climateprogress.org/2010/02/14/bill-gates-ted-speech-innovation-energy-miracles/

A Health Researcher is Paid Higher Salary Than President Obama's

,----[ Quote ]
| At least a quarter of a million to half a
| million Africans could be provided health
| care with what is spent on that single
| salary.
`----

http://globalfoundationforhealthresearch.blogspot.com/2010/01/health-researcher-paid-more-than.html

A conversation with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon

,----[ Quote ]
| Today he met with many groups in Seattle,
| starting with a breakfast meeting at the
| home of Bill and Melinda Gates, followed by
| a talk to the World Affairs Council on the
| U.N. in the 21st century and a lunch
| sponsored by the Greater Seattle Chamber of
| Commerce to address businesses about climate
| change and environmental stewardship. Ban
| also gave the Political Science Department's
| 2009 Severyns-Ravenholt Lecture at the
| University of Washington, where he received
| an honorary degree of Doctor of Laws at a
| ceremony in Meany Hall.
`----

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/thebusinessofgiving/2010141457_on_saturday_they_tried_somethi.html?syndication=rss

Steve Jobs and Sir Tim Berners-Lee baffle the Brits

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft boss Bill Gates was the most
| well-known but 5% of the group thought he
| was a comedian or a famous thief.

PPS and the philanthro-capitalists

,----[ Quote ]
| The free market approach to enrollment and
| funding is a demonstrable failure in
| Portland, when measured by access to
| educational opportunity. Unless the
| district is willing to significantly reduce
| opportunity for the white middle class,
| thereâs no way they can pay for equity of
| opportunity without balancing enrollment,
| that is, by curtailing school choice. This
| is a significant element of the high school
| plan. With it, the district appears to be
| forging a path independent of current
| trends pushed by Gates, at least for high
| schools.
|
| But the district appears unwilling to apply
| the same lesson to middle grades.
|
| Sara Allanâs contention that itâs not the
| structure of the school that matters, but
| what goes on in the classroom, also closely
| parrots the current line being sold by
| Phillips, now head of education for the
| Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
|
| Phillips was the keynote speaker at the
| Council of The Great City Schools
| conference held in Portland last month,
| attended by Allan and quite a few of her
| administrative colleagues. In her speech,
| Phillips promoted merit pay for teachers,
| the latest policy thrust of Gates.
|
| While superintendent in Portland, Philips
| was responsible for both the transition to
| K-8 schools  and the âsmall schoolsâ
| initiative, funded largely by the Gates
| foundation, which dismantled every
| comprehensive high school in Portland
| serving majority non-white students, and
| split them into rigid âacademies.â These
| academies forced students to choose a
| narrow field of study as freshmen, and
| didnât allow students to take electives
| offered in other academies in the same
| building.
|
| [...]
|
| Gatesâ quiet partner
|
| The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has
| grown to be the dominant voice in the
| national education dialogue, heavily
| influencing the federal education policy of
| both George W. Bush and Barack Obama. But
| even as PPS appears to be taking a non-
| Gates path on high schools, the district
| continues to be enamored with  Gatesâ
| biggest private-sector education policy
| ally: Eli Broadâs education foundation.
|
| [...]
|
| âStudent performance,â entirely measured by
| standardized test scores, correlates highly
| to poverty. Broadâs scheme would almost
| certainly assure that teachers in poor and
| minority communities would make less than
| their colleagues in wealthier schools, only
| worsening the achievement gap. This puts
| the lie to Broadâs (and Gatesâ) stated
| mission of closing that gap.
|
| [...]
|
| âStudent performance,â entirely measured by
| standardized test scores, correlates highly
| to poverty. Broadâs scheme would almost
| certainly assure that teachers in poor and
| minority communities would make less than
| their colleagues in wealthier schools, only
| worsening the achievement gap. This puts
> [...]
`----

http://ppsequity.org/2009/11/30/pps-and-the-philanthro-capitalists/

Related:

Dark cloud over good works of Gates Found

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gatesx07jan07,0,6827615.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttq0IdULfjg

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlnqnMHQ1c