[News] More Games Come to GNU/Linux: Yo Frankie!, OpenArena 0.8.5, Windows Games Too

  • Subject: [News] More Games Come to GNU/Linux: Yo Frankie!, OpenArena 0.8.5, Windows Games Too
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:00:25 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Yo Frankie! to be available for the masses in Ubuntu Lucid

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, thanks to the attention we've raised to
| get Yo Frankie packaged, all the legalities
| (sorting out the licensing) have been dealt
| with and we managed to get it in Lucid just
| in the nick of time. This time i'm excited
| to let you know that the availability of
| this game has increased once again.
`----

http://blog.thesilentnumber.me/2010/02/yo-frankie-to-be-available-for-masses.html

OpenArena 0.8.5 Is Out With Small Changes

,----[ Quote ]
| While the ioquake3-powered OpenArena game is
| not as advanced or popular as say Nexuiz, it
| is a fairly popular free software game
| amongst those using an open-source Mesa3D
| driver stack.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODAwOQ

Codeweavers Crossover Games Rules

,----[ Quote ]
| After being a computer game fiend for almost
| all of my childhood up until early college,
| since moving exclusively to using a Macbook,
| I have been absent from the gaming world for
| quite some time. A combination of not having
| enough time (not that I have enough time
| now) and just lack of interest had me
| disregarding computer gaming in favor of
| console games when I lived with a roommate
| who decked our apartment out with a huge
| flatscreen TV and an XBOX 360 and.. Call of
| Duty 4 and Soul Calibur 4.
`----

http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/cxgames-mac/codeweavers-crossover-games-rules.html

Gbrainy - Brain Teaser Game for Linux

http://linuxpoison.blogspot.com/2010/02/gbrainy-brain-teaser-game-for-linux.html

Recent:

Linux Games: OpenArena

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenArena is a fun game that, for many, will be nothing more than
| nostalgia. No matter the reason, you should give this game a go.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/10/01/linux-games-openarena/

Review & Setup: OpenArena

,----[ Quote ]