Re: A word of appreciation to Roy Schestowitz

____/ Terry Porter on Thursday 25 Feb 2010 23:02 : \____

> Thanks for all the great daily Linux [News] articles Roy!
>
> I for one, certainly enjoy them, and scan them at least twice a day
> (unlike *all* the COLA trolls who are killfiled and who I never see,
> except very occasionally in the quotes of some advocates).
>
> I lead a busy lifestyle working flat out in my WiFI business, and don't
> have a lot of time to wade thru tiny RSS feed articles (usually with lots
> of adverts, or spaces where the adverts would be if they hadn't been
> removed first:) to find the latest GNU/Linux news.

Thanks so much. It's kind words like yours that keep me going. :-)

> Today your "Glade 3 + GtkBuilder + Anjuta" and "Drupal 7.0 Alpha 2
> released" posts were of great interest and use to me.
>
> In my opinion, you have made COLA a much richer and better informed News
> Group, and you help drive the pathetic, whining, basement dwelling,
> mommas little cry baby trolls right to the bottom of the group, where
> they belong.
>
> Oh ... words of thanks are all well and good, but I'd like to post you
> one of my WiFi Access points to actually show my appreciation.
>
> 1) Is the "Sir Charles Groves Hall" address good for that ?
> 2) I'll send you one of these, in the 200mW version:
> http://store.freenet-antennas.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=218
>
> Freenet Antennas UltraWAP-G - 802.11b/g AP/Client
> - Antenna 2 dBi (factory standard)
> - Package Standard
> - Preconfiguration None (Factory default)
> - Transmitter Power 200 mW/23 dBm
>
> I have some customers using these exact units for Wifi links of over
> 28Km, with 24dBi grid antennas, and lots more using them to provide
> decent building coverage.

I really appreciate the offer, but I don't use WiFi. Thanks for the intention!

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | How I learned to stop worrying and love GNU/Linux