[News] The Price of Linux Phones is Falling Sharply, Use Grows

  • Subject: [News] The Price of Linux Phones is Falling Sharply, Use Grows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 15:53:29 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Android Phone Prices Declining Quicker Than Expected

,----[ Quote ]
| it's expected to sell for about Â100 (US$155) unlocked.
| That's over 54% less than the price tag that came on the
| original Pulse only a few months ago.  Granted the screen
| size does factor in for most heavy users, the general public
| will likely fall in love with the price.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/02/25/android-phone-prices-declining-quicker-expected/

Philips to launch Android-based GoGear Connect

,----[ Quote ]
| Philips has given journalists some info, at
| the company's Winter Media 2010 event, of
| an Android-based media player that will be
| hitting the markets in July 2010.
`----

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/31714/philips-android-mp3-player-gogear-connect

Latest AdMob Shows Android Users are Mostly Dudes

,----[ Quote ]
| The January AdMob report (PDF) is out today
| and it shines a little bit of light on who
| the typical Android users are.  We already
| know that Android growth is steady, but
| just are the people using these phones?  As
| it turns out, we're mostly Android Guys.
| See what we did there?
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/02/25/latest-admob-shows-android-users-dudes/

Android tablet runs simultaneous 720p sessions

,----[ Quote ]
| Broadcom demonstrated an Android-ready
| tablet design that offers video-
| conferencing and DLNA streaming to IP set-
| top boxes and HDTVs. The Persona Tablet is
| equipped with a BCM11211 VoIP processor,
| coprocessors including one or two BCM11181
| chips, and can process simultaneous 720p
| video streams, says the company.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Broadcom-Persona-Tablet/?kc=rss

Best Android apps