[News] A Look at GNU/Linux Applications: RedNotebook, Artha; X Screwed by PayPal

  • Subject: [News] A Look at GNU/Linux Applications: RedNotebook, Artha; X Screwed by PayPal
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 08:04:34 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Graphical Diary And Journal RedNotebook

,----[ Quote ]
| RedNotebook has been designed to provide a
| better and more comfortable experience for
| regular note taking tasks. The program is
| available for multiple language and the
| operating systems Windows and Linux.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/02/27/graphical-diary-and-journal-rednotebook/

A for Artha, The Awesome offline Dictionary for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| One area that I have always found lacking
| on Linux is a good Dictionary software. I
| have tired quite a few free and opensource
| dictionary software for linux, some  very
| good, but non had the WOW factor to keep
| me using them again and again.  Well that
| was until I stumbled (no pun intended) on
| Artha (yeah I know free software apps and
| their funny names :D )
`----

http://bigbrovar.aoizora.org/index.php/2010/02/27/a-for-artha-the-awesome-offline-dictionary-for-linux/

Pocketing Police

,----[ Quote ]
| An odd bit of news from the xorg foundation.
| During some discussion on their mailing list
| about missing funds it became apparent that
| PayPal had simply taken $5k of their money
| because PayPal thought xorg foundation were
| some sort of scam.
|
| This has lead to more people boycotting
| paypal and a general unease about the liberty
| of financial transactions online.
`----

http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2010/02/25/pocketing-police/

Interesting Shorewall Logs