[News] Review of Mozilla Software for Mobile Devices

  • Subject: [News] Review of Mozilla Software for Mobile Devices
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 08:48:21 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

App Review: Firefox Mobile & Weave

,----[ Quote ]
| At the moment the browser situation on the
| N900 is similar to the one I see on my
| desktop, and at the same time completely
| different. Bear with me I havenât lost my
| mind. Itâs great to have a choice of
| browsers and competition is always good.
| On the desktop I use Firefox 80% of the
| time and Chromium the other 20%. On the
| mobile though itâs Micro B 80% of the time
| and Firefox 20%. Once the performance
| improves and I fix flash support that
| balance may shift. For now though my
| verdict on Firefox Mobile 1.0 is nice try,
| I really like the potential, but come back
| when itâs a bit more polished.
`----

http://danlynch.org/blog/2010/02/firefoxmobile/

Firefox Mobile Browser Fennec Spotted on Android

,----[ Quote ]
| In June 2009, Mozilla executives
| reconsidered an earlier decision to not
| develop an Android version of Fennec. The
| changing factor was the release of
| Google's Android SDK, which allows code to
| run natively on Android devices instead of
| running on the Dalvik virtual machine.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/190357/firefox_mobile_browser_fennec_spotted_on_android.html?tk=rss_news

Recent:

Hands-on and under the hood: Ars tests Firefox on Android

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2010/02/hands-on-and-under-the-hood-ars-tests-firefox-on-android.ars