[News] Fedora GNU/Linux Looks for New Slogan

Calling all Geeks â Fedora 13 needs your help!

,----[ Quote ]
| All slogan suggestions need to submitted by
| 2nd of March, 2010.
|
| Hereâs how your slogan needs to be:
|
|     * Must be between 1-3 words
|     * Slogan needs to be an active sentence,
|     like a command e.g. F8: Go higher F11:
|     Reign
|     * Slogan must be positive and reflect the
|     idea that Fedora lets users achieve
|     something great
|     * Should reflect one or more of the
|     themes from the artwork created by the
|     Artwork team for this release (see the
|     wiki page)
`----

http://duncsweb.com/2010/02/28/calling-all-geeks-fedora-13-needs-your-help/

Why Fedora needs an Updates Policy

,----[ Quote ]
| A huge thread-o-doom on Fedora and updates
| and what should be done and why the policy
| is horrible has sprouted on the fedora-
| devel list (yes, it's now called
| devel@xxxxxxxxxx, but I don't care.) But
| wait... there is no draft policy yet so
| how can it be horrible? Oh, yes some of
| the brainstorming around it
`----

http://jwboyer.livejournal.com/36737.html

Fedora 13 Alpha release delayed

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora Project developers said they will
| push back the first alpha release for
| Fedora 13 by one week.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/27/fedora_13_alpha_delayed/

Recent:

Why we Use Fedora and not Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| In the long run, computer recycling centers
| like ours may not have a big impact on the
| spread of Fedora but we feel like we will
| have been a great help to many family's in
| need and at least we will have done a small
| part in helping out on the environmental
| impact of the toxins from these e-waste from
| these computers by keeping them out of
| landfill.
`----

http://www.crossbytes.org/computer-recycling-center/hot-news/whyweusefedoraandnotmicrosoft