[News] DARPA Wants Linux/Android Phones

DARPA wants military iPhone and Android apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Bandwagon-bothering boffins at everyone's
| favourite military tech hothouse DARPA have
| announced that they would like some apps
| written for the iPhone or for handsets
| running Google's Android OS - "with potential
| relevance to the military specifically and
| the national security community more
| generally".
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/01/darpa_military_apps/

Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android Review Part 1

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2010/02/archos-5-internet-tablet-with-android-review.php

Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android Review Part 2

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2010/02/archos-5-internet-tablet-with-android-review-part-2.php

Related:

Cray Gets $250M From DARPA To Realize "Adaptive Supercomputing" Vision

,----[ Quote ]
| Cray, AMD and Linux just got a collective $250M boost in the arm from
| the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).
|
| In one of the most watched procurements ever, Cray and IBM are
| splitting a huge $494M grant from DARPA, unprecedented in its size
| even if it is over four years, to develop the last leg of their
| rival next-generation supercomputers, and Cray is going to be
| building its uncommon machines out of AMD chips and the Linux
| operating system, expecting the giants to be used commercially
| as well as in the airy precincts of government research labs.
`----

http://webservices.sys-con.com/read/304963_p.htm

Linux-powered PMP sports 7-inch touchscreen

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS6251626749.html