[News] From GNU/Linux to Television: Windows Games

  • Subject: [News] From GNU/Linux to Television: Windows Games
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 09:01:10 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

CANADA VENTURE: TransGaming Bringing Video Games To TV

,----[ Quote ]
| TransGaming makes software that allows video
| games to be deployed across different
| operating systems without the need for
| redevelopment. For instance, using the
| company's software, games developed for the
| Windows operating system can be used on Mac
| and Linux operating systems.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100303-710956.html?mod=WSJ_World_MIDDLEHeadlinesAmericas

Recent:

Intel Invests $500K In 'Gaming On Demand' Dev TransGaming

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel has invested $500,000 in TransGaming, a Canada-based
| company focused on bringing PC games to other platforms
| like Mac, Linux, and -- eventually -- television sets as
| an "on-demand" service.
`----

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25401

GNU/Linux Gaming - Vega Strike for All