[News] Open Source NexentaStor Gets Better, Open Source Data Integration Recommended

  • Subject: [News] Open Source NexentaStor Gets Better, Open Source Data Integration Recommended
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 11:09:46 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

NexentaStor Adds Primary Deduplication

,----[ Quote ]
| Nexenta Systems is updating its NexentaStor
| open-source storage software with in-line
| deduplication, which increases the amount of
| data that can be stored on a server by
| storing it more efficiently, and support for
| three popular hypervisors.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/190500/nexentastor_adds_primary_deduplication.html

Technology spending can be saved by âopen source data integration softwareâ

,----[ Quote ]
| Mr Mero said: âOpen source data integration
| software allows you to integrate a companyâs
| legacy system with other applications,
| enabling businesses coming out of the
| recession to benefit from efficient and cost
| effective upgrades as well as greater
| flexibility to develop data management
| techniques.â
`----

http://www.bobsguide.com/guide/news/2010/Mar/2/Technology_spending_can_be_saved_by_%E2%80%98open_source_data_integration_software%E2%80%99.html

Recent:

Nexenta = flying a F29 with a wii remote and other highlights of the last few days

,----[ Quote ]
| And, yes, lots of work.  For example several
| new systems installed for our automated test
| and certification solution, approximately 60
| customers and countless prospects have had
| their questions answered, and significant
| recruiting work on our immediate priorities
| including inside sales, sales engineering,
| software develand support.
`----

http://www.nexenta.com/corp/blog/2010/02/06/nexenta-flying-a-f29-with-a-wii-remote-and-other-highlights-of-the-last-few-

Nexenta Systems pushes NexentaStor forward with open storage and ZFS

,----[ Quote ]
| Nexenta Systems Inc. is sticking with Sun
| Microsystems Inc.'s Zettabyte File System
| (ZFS) despite uncertainty around the open-
| source file format, and recently upgraded
| its NexentaStor unified storage software
| based on ZFS and Sun's OpenSolaris.
`----

http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid5_gci1375029,00.html

Old: