[News] Red Hat Does Exceptionally Well in the Market

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat Does Exceptionally Well in the Market
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 00:21:57 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Options Intelligence Report: Red Hat, Inc. (RHT) & United Technologies Corp. (UTX)

,----[ Quote ]
| Plain-vanilla bullish call buying activity
| dominated options trading on software
| company, Red Hat, Inc., today as shares of
| the underlying stock up 1.65% to $29.83.
| Near-term optimists picked up 3,000 calls
| at the March $30 strike and paid an average
| of $0.69 in premium per contract. Investors
| long the calls are positioned to profit
| should Red Hatâs shares trade above the
| effective breakeven price of $30.69 by
| expiration in approximately two weeks.
`----

http://www.theoptionsinsider.com/unusualactivity/?id=4023

Itâs Crazy Ass Rumor Thursday: Whispers On RHT, VG, NANO

,----[ Quote ]
| Also getting puffed up by rumors, TheFly
| reports, is Red Hat (RHT). There have been
| rumors of a deal for Red Hat repeatedly over
| the years, and I have to wonder if this time
| the talk was triggered by this weekâs bid for
| Novell (NOVL), which owns a rival Linux
| implementation called Suse. Last May,
| Jefferies analyst Katherine Egbert wrote that,
| it is âinevitable that Red Hat will be
| subsumed into a larger entity, probably IBM
| (IBM).â Inevitable obviously does not
| necessarily mean imminent. RHT today is up 30
| cents, or 1%, to $29.65.
`----

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2010/03/04/its-crazy-ass-rumor-thursday-whispers-on-rht-vg-nano/

Recent:

Red Hat backs cloud research at Newcastle

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/emergingtech/0,1000000183,40067879,00.htm