[News] Android/Linux Targets the Future Because Desktops Are Dying

  • Subject: [News] Android/Linux Targets the Future Because Desktops Are Dying
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 00:41:32 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

PCs will be dead in three years

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's vice president of global ad
| operations John Herlihy told Silicon
| Republic that he has been watching Japan as
| a future indicator. He said that in the
| Land of the Rising Sun, most research is
| done on smartphones rather than PCs.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1594870/pcs-dead

Will Chrome OS deliver us the disposable PC?

,----[ Quote ]
| During a visit to Google's London HQ we
| grabbed some time with Chris DiBona.
|
| He's the Open Source Programs Manager for
| Google, overseeing everything the
| corporation does that's open sourced and
| making sure it's "correct and useful."
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/will-chrome-os-deliver-us-the-disposable-pc--674697

Google: Desktops Will Be Irrelevant in Three Yearsâ Time

http://mashable.com/2010/03/04/google-desktops-irrelevant/

Related:

Linux hot at top Japanese embedded conference

,----[ Quote ]