[News] Psion Announced âOpen Source Mobilityâ Move

  • Subject: [News] Psion Announced âOpen Source Mobilityâ Move
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 07:05:02 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Psion Launches âIngenuity Working,â an Online Open Community for Customers, Partners and Developers

http://www.psion.com/uk/resource-centre/news_2010_psion-launches-ingenuity-working-an-online-open-community.htm

Psion Launches the New Workabout Pro 3 â the Fastest and Most Modular Device on the Market

,----[ Quote ]
| Psion (LSE: PON.L), a global provider of
| mobile computing solutions, today announced
| the new Workabout Pro 3. The new model has
| been developed incorporating some of the ideas
| revealed today as the company unveils a
| radical overhaul of its business model with a
| move to âOpen Source Mobilityâ (OSM), an open
| innovation philosophy which means it can co-
| create solutions with its partners and
| customers. The new philosophy means that Psion
| will have the industryâs most modular product
| platform, sharing common components and tools
| with developers, resellers and clients. It
| will allow them to create highly tailored
| modules for mobile devices built on Psionâs
| versatile product platform.
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/psion-launches-the-new-workabout,1190138.shtml

Recent:

Open Source Re-writes the Rules for Mobile

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2010/02/open-source-re-writes-rules-for-mobile.html