[News] Linux/Android Games in Review; Advanced Input Method

  • Subject: [News] Linux/Android Games in Review; Advanced Input Method
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 08:42:43 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

5 Best Addictive Free Multiplayer Android Games

,----[ Quote ]
| The Android gaming market is still growing
| and evolving in many ways, but as an Android
| user myself, I fully realize that itâs still
| nowhere near the Apple store in many
| respects. Specifically, multiplayer games
| seem to be lagging behind on the Android
| especially given the rapid pace with which
| the Android market is growing.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-best-addicting-free-multiplayer-android-games/

Android Phones Can Now Search via Gesture

,----[ Quote ]
| Wednesday night, Google added gesture search
| for Android phones, which allows a user to
| "write" a gesture (such as a letter) instead
| of type in a character.
|
| It's an alternative form of input, and one
| that may be of use to some. Google Gesture
| Search should be available in the Android
| Market as of Wednesday evening, although if
| you don't have an Android 2.0 phone (or
| higher) you're out of luck.

Company puts Android on laptop with China-backed chips

,----[ Quote ]
| A Chinese company is tweaking Googleâs
| Android operating system to run on a laptop
| using homegrown Chinese microprocessors,
| which are backed by the government.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2010/030410-company-puts-android-on-laptop.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Leaked 2.1 Droid Eris Rom Ported to HTC Hero

,----[ Quote ]
| While this might not exactly constitute
| news to everyone, it is certainly something
| many people will be interested in.
| Apparently the leaked Android 2.1 Droid
| Eris Rom we told you about last night
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/03/04/leaked-21-droid-eris-rom-ported-htc-hero/

Reasons for Root

,----[ Quote ]
| When new Android devices show up, one of
| the first questions raised is: "can we run
| our own firmware?" And, if that's not first
| overall, then the first question is
| probably "how do I get root access?". After
| all, those two are somewhat related -- you
| sometimes need root to flash alternative
| firmware, and alternative firmware may well
| give you root access.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/03/03/reasons-root/

Mobile Roadie Now Creates Apps For Android Ecosystem

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techcrunch.com/2010/02/22/mobile-roadie-now-creates-apps-for-android-ecosystem/