[News] Tablets from Kogan to Cost Very Little and Run GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Tablets from Kogan to Cost Very Little and Run GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 07:22:53 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Kogan promises an Android tablet for under $200

,----[ Quote ]
| The tablet also has an HDMI output. Kogan
| tells APC Magazine that the demo unit can run
| Android, Ubuntu Linux, or Windows â although
| Iâm assuming he means Windows CE, since you
| canât run the desktop version of Windows on an
| ARM-based processor.
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2010/03/kogan-promises-an-android-tablet-for-under-200.html

Hands on with Kogan's tablet prototype

,----[ Quote ]
| After playing with the tablet I hope he also
| crams in some extra RAM, as it felt sluggish
| running a UMPC-friendly version of Ubuntu
| (although I'm now told the that tablet may
| have only had 256MB of RAM in it). The tablet
| felt far more responsive booted into Android
| 1.6, which also seemed better suited to the
| 800x480 resolution display. Ruslan says the
| tablet will ship with Android 2.1, which
| combined with a capacitive touchscreen and an
| accelerometer should offer an impressive user
| experience.
`----

http://blogs.smh.com.au/digital-life/gadgetsonthego/2010/03/02/handsonwithk.html

Recent:

Kogan promises a sub-$200, Android based iPad rival

,----[ Quote ]
| Koganâs giving Android another shot with a
| tablet that has HDMI output, 512MB RAM,
| 2GB internal memory and SDHC expansion
| slot, ARM 600-MHz processor, and a 800 x
| 480 capacitive touchscreen. All of this
| wrapped up into a less than $200 package.
`----

http://androinica.com/2010/03/03/kogan-promises-a-sub-200-android-based-ipad-rival/

Resolved Kogan Promises $200 HD Pad

,----[ Quote ]