[News] Overview/Sample of GNU/Linux Applications: Shotwell, Listen, StrongVPN

  • Subject: [News] Overview/Sample of GNU/Linux Applications: Shotwell, Listen, StrongVPN
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 19:33:21 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Shotwell 0.5 To Bring PicasaWeb Publishing, Tags, Printing, More [Latest SVN Available In Our PPA]

,----[ Quote ]
| Besides the cool new features in version
| 0.5, Shotwell already had other nice
| options like: publish photos to Facebook
| and Flickr, import photos from any digital
| camera supported by gPhoto, automatically
| organize events containing photos taken at
| the same time, reduce red-eye and adjust
| the exposure, saturation, tint, and
| temperature of your photos and many more
| which you can check out @ Shotwell
| homepage.
`----

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/03/shotwell-05-to-bring-picasaweb.html

Listen Music Player Comes With Lots Of Useful Features, Plugins. Try It!

,----[ Quote ]
| In my tests, Listen 0.6.5 used around 30mb
| of RAM but I didn't have too many music
| files on the computer on which I've tested
| it (only around 1000).
`----

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/03/listen-music-player-comes-with-lots-of.html

StrongVPN on Ubuntu: Simple VPN Solution That Works

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Productivity-Sauce-Dmitri-s-open-source-blend-of-productive-computing/StrongVPN-on-Ubuntu-Simple-VPN-Solution-That-Works