[News] Thunderbird 3.1 Now in Beta, Mozilla Needs Anti-Patents Ammo

  • Subject: [News] Thunderbird 3.1 Now in Beta, Mozilla Needs Anti-Patents Ammo
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:05:50 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Thunderbird Lanikai Beta 1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The goal of this release is to smooth out
| the problems created by upgrading the Gecko
| engine that powers the program, and this is
| the first semi-stable release of Mozillaâs
| email client to use Gecko 1.9.2. The final
| version of Thunderbird 3.1 is expected to be
| available sometime in June, though the date
| hasnât been set in stone yet, so there is
| still a possibility the release date to be
| changed.
`----

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2010/03/thunderbird_lanikai_beta_1_released.html

Thunderbird 3.1 hobbles into beta

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/356356/thunderbird-3-1-hobbles-into-beta

My main mail client and browser.

Seven Firefox Plug-ins That Improve Online Privacy

,----[ Quote ]
| Worried about preserving your privacy in an
| online world where privacy is disappearing?
| Here are seven Firefox add-ons that will
| help.
`----

http://www.csoonline.com/article/574763/Seven_Firefox_Plug_ins_That_Improve_Online_Privacy

Updating the Mozilla Public License

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's what interests me: I'm hoping to
| watch closely to make sure no one pushes to
| make the patent clause weaker in the name of
| "freedom to do what you want" or some such
| nonsense. After reading Jonathan Schwartz's
| account of a meeting with Bill Gates and
| Steve Ballmer where they tried to sell him a
| license to use and distribute OpenOffice,
| it's vital, in my view, that patent clauses
| are, if anything, strengthened. Microsoft is
| real life. They don't change. There is no
| footnote to that truth.

  Mozilla Releases Thunderbird âLanikaiâ 3.1 Alpha

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2010/02/05/mozilla_releases_thunderbird_lsquolanikairsquo_31_alpha/