[News] Loads of New Applications and Products for Linux/Android

  • Subject: [News] Loads of New Applications and Products for Linux/Android
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:12:46 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Innocomm Shows Android Smartphone With Analog TV

,----[ Quote ]
| Innocomm Technology, a young smartphone
| developer, plans to launch its first handset
| with Google's Android mobile operating
| system and an analog TV receiver in the
| middle of this year, a company
| representative said Tuesday.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/190526/innocomm_shows_android_smartphone_with_analog_tv.html?tk=rss_news

Motorola HS1001 Android Cordless Phone

,----[ Quote ]
| Motorola HS1001 is being released at CeBIT
| 2010, it features a very customized version
| of Android 1.6 running on its 2.8â QVGA
| touch screen display. This cordless phone
| will be sold for 99â in Europe and $149 in
| the USA. It supports 2h of cordless phone
| calling on the battery, comes with a MicroSD
| card reader.
`----

http://armdevices.net/2010/03/10/motorola-hs1001-android-cordless-phone/

Report: Google Working On Android-Based Set-Top Box

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has teamed up with Dish Network to
| offer a set-top box based on the Android
| operating system, the Wall Street Journal
| reports. The box is said to be operated via
| a keyboard and will serve YouTube videos
| straight to a TV set.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/191085/google_android_set_top_box.html?tk=rss_news

Android Finally Invades AT&T

,----[ Quote ]
| AT&T has finally added the Google Android
| platform to its portfolio of mobile devices
| with the launch of the Motorola Backflip.
| AT&T, the exclusive provider of the Apple
| iPhone in the United States, now offers
| business professionals a more diverse array
| of choices--expanding even further later
| this year with the expected addition of
| devices based on Palm's WebOS.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/blogs/bizfeed/190992/android_finally_invades_atandt.html?tk=rss_news

Android Gains Market Share, Apple iPhone Slips

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple, if they needed a reason to go after
| HTC, and by proxy Google, may have had it in
| marketshare numbers. Android's growth has
| been pretty spectacular over the past few
| quarters highlighted by the graphs below
| from Quantcast, a web analytics firm.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/190853/android_gains_market_share_apple_iphone_slips.html?tk=rss_news

Motorola i1 gets clearer: 5 megapixel cam, Opera Mini default browser?

,----[ Quote ]
| We've been slipped some additional
| information on Motorola's imminent Android-
| powered i1 for iDEN networks today --
| actually, one correction and one interesting
| note.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/10/motorola-i1-gets-clearer-5-megapixel-cam-opera-mini-default-br/

HTC Incredible Poised for CTIA

,----[ Quote ]
| The HTC Incredible has been seen in the
| wild, yet again, leading us to believe the
| handset has been prepped and readied for a
| CTIA announcement.  Dressed in Verizon black
| and red, this super phone has an awful lot
| going on under the hood.  If you look at the
| bottom right of the battery cover you will
| see the Verizon logo silk-screened in the
| corner. We'd be very surprised if CTIA comes
| and goes without a word from anyone.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/03/11/htc-incredible-poised-ctia/

Opera rolls out mobile browser for Android

,----[ Quote ]
| Opera Software unveiled on Thursday a
| version of its Mini mobile browser for use
| on cellphones running on Google's Android
| software.
`----

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE62A0Y220100311

Beta Test This! Opera Mini 5

,----[ Quote ]
| Ok, so maybe you like the stock Android
| browser but aren't necessarily in love with
| it.  Good thing for you the platform is
| flexible and you're not stuck with just one
| option!  Hot on the heels of January's 4.2,
| Opera has just released their Mini 5 beta
| browser into the Android Market.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/03/11/beta-test-opera-mini-5/

Recent:

Embedded Linux keynotes to grapple with Android

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/CELF-ELC-2010-registration/