[News] Debian Project (Mostly GNU/Linux) Has Conferences and Elections Coming

  • Subject: [News] Debian Project (Mostly GNU/Linux) Has Conferences and Elections Coming
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:29:08 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Debian: DebConf10 & 2010 Project Leader Elections

,----[ Quote ]
| The DebConf organisers have announced they
| are now accepting proposals for contributions
| to this yearâs Debian conference. The
| organisers ask attendees to contribute to the
| annual Debian developers meeting by
| submitting presentations on a variety of
| topics. These can include presenting
| technical papers, hosting panel discussions,
| tutorials, debates or hosting meetings, such
| as Birds of a Feather Sessions (BoFs).
| Proposals for tracks, a thematic grouping
| around a particular subject, and for people
| to coordinate them, are also being accepted.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Debian-DebConf10-2010-Project-Leader-Elections-954870.html

Recent:

Distros and End Of Life

,----[ Quote ]
| I like Jaunty. I might decide to stick with
| it. Given that the truth is that it'll still
| be perfectly fine, with only security updates
| and anything 3rd party repositories provide, I
| don't really see much wrong with it. But if I
| have to change it, there's only a few options.
| I've gone off Debian and Ubuntu based systems.
| the DEB package format isn't bad, but Debian
| and Ubuntu, along with most of their
| derivatives, seem to make things too easy.
`----

http://yetanothercomputerblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/distros-and-end-of-life.html

CeBIT 2010: Debian with BSD Kernel

,----[ Quote ]