[News] Warning About GNU/Linux Entryism, Mono Problem Persists

  • Subject: [News] Warning About GNU/Linux Entryism, Mono Problem Persists
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:49:56 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Philosophical Geekess â Did she or didnât she?

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâve been active in the Free Software
| community for four or five years now,
| including the Ubuntu sub-community. Like all
| such communities, there are certain people
| who seem to think that they have more rights
| than others. There are certain people who
| think that they should be leaders because of
| who they are, not what they do. There are
| certain people who think that they have the
| right to determine who is a ârealâ member of
| the community, and who isnât.
`----

http://madhatter.ca/2010/03/14/philosophical-geekess-did-she-or-didnt-she/

Current Ubuntu 10.04 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Lastly, we were sad to see F-Spot and Tomboy
| still being included, as with all their Mono
| dependencies.
`----

http://www.inatux.com/article?r=current-ubuntu-10.04-review

Recent:

Avoiding Mono

,----[ Quote ]
| I do not use Mono because I believe it is
| not in our best interests. I chose Linux
| because it is an alternative. If I wanted
| Windows and .NET then I would choose that
| option. It is all about staying distinct
| and offering something different and
| better to my way of thinking. Getting
| Windows and .NET second hand is not what I
| want. You might not be surprised to find
| that I also donât use Wine for the same
| reason. Truthfully, I probably would not
| use Mono or Mono applications if its legal
| status was clear. I do not feel
| comfortable with giving Microsoft any
| leverage over us. The more Mono dependent
| we become the more we become subject to
| them and I did not get into Linux to be
| chasing after Microsoft and its standards.
| That is just me. I love independence. Each
| person must decide for him or herself.
`----

http://linuxcanuck.wordpress.com/2009/12/08/avoiding-mono/

NOME in .NET? â Not on my desktop!